View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Actually I never said to change the 2300AD canon because its not pro-American enough - as I said the US would never have let Mexico keep the American Southwest - that's common sense pure and simple - no way does the US let Mexico keep those areas - especially since the water that keeps Southern California and Phoenix alive comes from areas under American control. Cut that off and you can kiss those areas goodbye.
Probably isn't worth the time and effort. It isn't lily white and pure Anglo Saxon protestants with good English or German names. It is near complete Roman Catholic Latinos from Mexico all the way to Argentina. Millions upon millions of them that flooded north to get out of their home countries. It would be another war all over again. Any attempt to cut off the water starts another war again. A war the U.S. would fight, but cannot really afford too.

Simple answers really are the best. The population of Latinos in Arizona, New Mexico, and California post T2K is greater than the population of the surrounding border states.

Quote:
I dont support HW because basically there is no way that CivGov survives the drought let alone joins with MilGov to defeat New America as its written. The loss in population is so large from the drought and happens so quickly that the country would have never recovered in any conceivable fashion that actually has the US able to establish multiple space colonies and spread out as far as it has into the stars.
Can you establish this with a quote from the soure material? As was pointed out.... 2300 is three hundred years post T2K and longer than the USA was established prior. An evolution that went from 10 million with windmills and water mills to 300 million with nulear power.

Quote:
But I didnt start this thread to have an argument/discussion about HW and I doubt anything I say will convince the hardcore HW defenders - thanks everyone for the ideas for possibly module followups - hope you guys enjoy the new canon material I am working on.
It is something your going to have to address if your think you material will sell. These are the people that would be purchasing the book. If you can't make a strong case for it now; how will you after sinking time and money into a product?

Last edited by ArmySGT.; 06-16-2017 at 11:02 AM.