View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 05:38 PM
Registered Registrant

Off the top of my head, I don't know the T2k status of Nicaragua but the too could be a likely client for the smaller Soviet ships (e.g. coastal patrol craft, minesweepers etc. etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
After taking a hard look at all of the Russian Navy ships I decided that they would sacrifice part of their fleet to generate the funds to save the other half. Some of these entries are based on actual history as it unfolded in the real world. Other parts are sheer fantasy based on how I believe a resurgent "Rogue Russia" might act to save their more precious capital ships. I see the Russians SELLING OFF or in a worst case scenario SCRAPPING some ships in order to save others. Russia would be able to sell to the following countries DESPITE a UN Arms Embargo trying to stop just such activity:

Angola
Argentina
Brazil
China
Columbia
Cuba
Guatemala
India
Iran
Iraq
Lebanon
Mexico
North Korea
Syria
Vietnam

The Russians would be selling their older and many smaller ships to these countries in order to fund maintenance on their newer ships. They would regret selling China several larger (and newer) ships when the conflict with China heated up at the end of 1995.

I will also be suggesting "upgrades" that the Russians might make to vessels in order to increase those hull's perceived resale value to foreign navies. I will have to break this down into a series of posts because the old Soviet Fleet had so many varying ship types. So here we go....