Thread: What do u do?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 11:53 PM

Hi Malcolm,

I sent a reply earlier but for some reason, it did not appear in these forums. Must be a disturbance in warp space.

I found a fan-generated twilight 2000 “sourcebook” for gurps 3e sometime back. This document “gurpsified” a lot of twilight material including character nationality templates, civilian backgrounds, weapons and vehicles. In my old games, I used this backed up by gurps vehicles (by David Pulver) and gurps high tech.

My players gave me the updated version of the above document in Gurps 4e, but for some reason, I can no longer find it. I’ll ask around and give you a link where it can be found. I do recall that the 4e version still had no update on the listed vehicles through.

These days though, I’m actually thinking of running my games using the GDW house system for my twilight-type games or the classic traveler system for my space opera games. Maybe it is just GM burnout but with all the new materials available which my players expect me to know and master just as well as they do makes gaming sometimes seem like work. And that is definitely not fun. :-(

I do agree with you that many gurps books are well written and make for good reading. I recall sometime back that an officemate of mine who had very little interest at all in military history picked up copy of gurps ww2 from my office table and started leafing through it. Before the day was through he was hooked on reading it and told me he found it very, very interesting. :-)