View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Hunter UK View Post
Welcome! Will the game be online at all?
FANTASY GROUNDS 2 is a Virtual Table Top application that permits the GM to chat with the players, roll dice, and let people move on screen symbols representative of their characters on a map.

Look here to see what game systems are either supported commercially, or through community efforts, are supported. Unfortunately, Twilight 2000 is not supported in and of itself.

GURPS on the other hand, is.

If you ever want to get a demo of what is possible using FG2, let me know. All that is required for the demonstration of what FG2 can do, is for you to download a free demo of the program, and then contact me via email for further instructions on how to connect. Since I paid for the ultimate license, I can run games where players do not need to buy any version of the software, but can use either of:

Demo version (Free)
Player Version (only as a player)
GM Version (as a player)
Ultimate version (As a player)

The thing is, the speed is only as fast as the slowest person's speed at typing. There are those who have used Skype or other voice communications, but I was born hard of hearing and can't really use it myself.

The hard part will be scanning in maps and the like for use with the game, but that shouldn't be TOO hard. Someone might want to contact Far Futures Enterprises to see if they want to try to hire someone to create sellable content online for people to play T2K via FG2. I suspect however, that this might not be a worthy return on investment, but since I don't know what is involved in programming with Lua, I can't rightfully say.

In any event, it is a means for people to play online. If I did run a game, it would be limited to maybe three players. Maybe four hour sessions - but that depends on what happens when/if I find a new job. I lost my old job Oct 14th due to Key Bank acquiring First Niagara and Key Bank downsizing personnel they didn't want (that's me!). With luck, I might find a position somewhere soon and the scheduling of the job won't be 12.5 hours per day three days a week, or nights only, or what have you. Time will tell, which is why I'm not in a major rush to try this out.

For those who might think "I don't know GURPS", don't worry about it. FG2 is such that you have a character sheet that is viewable in the system. When you need to roll against a given skill or attribute or what have you, I will tell you the modifier to the die roll, and all you have to do is enter it in the mod square on the screen, then drag the skill over to the chat box. THe program rolls it for you, and tells you if you succeeded and by how much. Will even tell you if it were a crit failure or success even.

Well, nuff said I suppose. Will see how this works out in the future. I'll open up a new thread somewhere announcing the intent to run a campaign set in T2K and give people the particulars...