View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 07:11 PM
Banned

The only real canon disposition for the Mexican Army in California would be from City of Angels and the Mojave CA force you are talking about is Force Green that is Mojave CA and patrols from Mojave to Barstow to stop any advance into CA from NV

City of Angels is seen by many as apocrypha - however I have talked to Marc Miller about a rewrite and he said that he is not interested in rewriting it - i..e it would stand as canon

Challenge 27 gives the forces in CA as the following - and it was written by Frank Chadwick so I would give it pretty much the canon stamp

Ejercito de California (Southern California and Baja Califonia)

la Brigada: 1,100 men, 6 AFVs
2o Regimento Caballeria: 500 men, 2 AFV
Brigada La Paz: 600 men, 3 AFVs
Brigada Nogales: 600 men, 1 AFV
Brigada Hermosillo: 700 men, 4 AFVs
Regimento lnfanteria Activo Tijuana: 200 men

Marauders

Southern California
Brigada Tepic: 1000 men, 1 AFV (now broken up into
numerous small banderas)
Brigada Ensenada: 800 men (now broken up into numerous
small banderas)

I have looked at the forces in City of Angels and Challenge 27 and I would think that what City of Angels was trying to describe was the 1a Brigada spread out in CA north of LA but giving them Soviet instead of Mexican equipment -

Thus if the 1a Brigada is spread out from Ventura to Barstow I would think the most likely unit that would be at 29 Palms to be the 2o Regimento Caballeria: 500 men, 2 AFV as it would have been the unit supporting the initial invasion and probably was detailed along with other units to make sure that whatever Marines were still deployed there were engaged

They most likely were initially supported by the Mexicali Brigada and eventually Colima as well - but since those two units ended up in Arizona on the opposite side of the Mexican civil war there is every chance that they were driven into AZ by the 2nd Regiment after they had taken 29 Palms