View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 10:14 AM
Banned

Got to love this one

"Marysville, Bellfontaine and Kenton Camps: These refugee camps located near the small towns of Marysville, Bellfontaine and Kenton were among the last established, and have been abandoned by the state and are controlled by their own militia and surviving police forces. They have 15 military trained men, 70 full-time militia and 125 part-time mailmen. They also have 4 M35 trucks and 5M151 jeeps"

I lived in Marysville Ohio from 1995-2000 and it left out several important facts - it had a woman's prison that would have been very easy to fortify and use as a base. It had the biggest Honda plants in North America and a Scots fertilizer plant - both of which would literally have been gold mines for spare parts, electronics, stuff to make explosives, etc.. And the town had a lot of people in it who had guns and knew how to use them. If you want to write an article you might want to at least be accurate. Very obvious wasnt written by someone who knew anything about Ohio. Just the Honda plant alone could provide enough spare parts, tires, vehicles, motorcycles, machine tools, welding equipment, etc. to keep any military unit going for years. We didnt have just in time, we had enough spare parts on hand for production for several weeks to several months depending on where we were getting them from. And I was a Honda design engineer at the time so I was very familiar with what we had as to material on hand and what resources the plants had - all three of them (two auto plants, a prototype/design plant and a motorcycle plant)

Especially with the "the largest camp is in the Dublin-Hilliard corridor to the northwest" - well good luck feeding those people since the closest area that actually grew crops was Marysville and the towns around it - so if you abandon Marysville you basically have nothing to feed them with - there was very little agriculture in the Dublin - Hilliard area - so that is a perfect example of a great article that had no actual basis in reality

Thus the state abandoning an area full of farms and AG equipment and spare parts up the ying yang - answer - NO

Oh and I forgot - Marysville has one of the oldest National Guard Armory buildings in the state - thus 15 trained military is grossly underestimating the numbers that would be there

And that is where I would have been for the TDM - sitting at my house in Marysville Ohio with my whole family

Last edited by Olefin; 01-17-2018 at 11:11 AM.