View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
For game purposes I would simply use it as one of two things. First, as you mentioned in skill checks. Second, so the PD can give the player a second chance if they decide to do something monumentally stupid; something someone with training would know not to do.
The two man buddy team is the smallest infantry maneuver unit. One can advance or retreat while the other covers with supporting fire.

The Wedge. The smallest wedge is the four man fire team. Team leader is the Point. (The U.S. Army doesn’t put an minimally trained infantry private at the front of the formation) Leaders up front. An Infantry squad shakes out to between three and four fire teams depending upon the type of Infantry unit. (Light, Mechanized, Airborne). The Squad Leader can be leading in the very first Team up front, or may be in the middle of the formation to extend the most command and control.

It doesn’t really mean much in the Morrow Project because the team will have between 4-6 personnel. Not enough to attack, marginal on defense, and best option is to break contact in any engagement.

I wouldn’t want to be ambushed by a MP team because of the firepower a team could have. There just isn’t enough for a dedicated attack or raid to have overwhelming manpower (3-1 advantage minimum), a base of fire (Machine gun team, minimum) a command element, a medical element, and a reserve to commit on breakthrough to extract your people if it all goes bad.

Defense. An Infantry platoon has 3-5 squads, and is typically responsible for 100 meters of front per platoon in close terrain like swamps, jungle, and temperate forests.
Probably right, Infantry training is 2-3 weeks long. This is something that units practice continuously and rely on leaders that have been conducting this training and live missions for years to keep the new guys on track.

I will watch this later. This is the guy that is the subject matter expert and movie war guru for Hollywood. Band of Brothers, and Dark Skies I know off the top of my head.

The U.S. Infantry Manual, Field Manual 7-8 Infanty Squad and Platoon, 1980s

The U.S. Infantry Manual, Field Manual 7-8 Infanty Squad and Platoon, 2007

The U.S. Infantry Manual, Field Manual 7-7 Mechanize Infantry Squad and Platoon 1980s

The U.S. Infantry Manual, Field Manual 7-7 Mechanize Infantry Squad and Platoon 2010

The U.S. Infantry Manual, Field Manual 7-7 Stryker Infantry Squad and Platoon, 2002
When I had an impromptu infantry course, i collected the manuals it was based on. Also Engineer FM's come in handy!