View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Banned

that is one area where my GM seriously differed from the canon writers - we basically used HW as good reference material but did not use what it said would happen to the country - for a multitude of reasons that have been previously debated here endlessly - but the units falling apart with enemy troops still on US soil being a big part of it - I highly doubt the 49th would just sit there and go to pot and let Texas stay part of Mexico without at least one last attempt to kick some butt for instance

and I look at Robinson as one place where the canon steps on its own toes - if all there is for that refinery is a trickle whats the big deal if its only down to one percent of capacity? One percent is over 2000 barrels of oil per day - 84000 gallons of oil products - that's a hell of a lot of gasoline and diesel and jet fuel and lubricants even at just one percent

and there are single wells in IL that are producing and have been producing 1700 barrels a day in that time period - so that one single well could just about give enough for one percent all on its own

in other words Illinois is hardly a wasteland with gas as rare as hens teeth even if all it can do is one percent - and before that accident it was at a lot more than that - something tells me if it was even at 20 percent there would have been a lot of recruiting to defend that kind of capacity - especially for an Armored Brigade that lives and dies on fuel

Last edited by Olefin; 05-18-2016 at 04:42 PM.