View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 08:49 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAT View Post
So here is my chaplain question for the group. Under current laws of war Chaplains can not touch weapons, this is the reason every one is assigned an aid. I am guessing that this would fall by the wayside but would it be before or after "you are on your own". Thoughts, if after then they (the character) would not start with a weapon, if before they would. But either way would they have much skill with it?
He would not come with a weapon, for he was not issued one; however, our battalion chaplain at 24th ID went to the range with our unit every chance he got, because he loved target shooting, and he could routinely shoot Expert. (I don't know if he was allowed to wear it on his uniform.) So a chaplain could in fact be deadly accurate, just not carrying a weapon (initially?).

The chaplain's assistant, on the other hand had a fully stocked HMMWV, and was literally the most heavily-armed man in the battalion, including an M16 with M203, an M1911A1 pistol, several AT-4s, a Dragon with 3 reloads, boxes of grenades, and ours carried both a hunting knife and a dagger. Of course, he also had to have mad skills and a good knowledge of rituals and holy books from several faiths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
It should also be noted that there no US military regulation that prevents Chaplains for be awarded marksmanship awards.
OK, question answered.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com

Last edited by pmulcahy11b; 01-28-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Saw something that applies to my post.