View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Banned

Saw a Bearcat while out for my walk today at lunch (pizza place nearby that cops frequent) and that lead me to this thread

There are actually a lot of armored military vehicles in the hands of police - the question is what time frame are you looking at

Saw this article online - http://www.the109.org/2015/12/28/spe...-and-to-serve/

Gave some details on equipment that police organizations had received since 2006 from the US military - including 432 MRAP's and 400 plus other armored and military vehicles -

gives an example of a county in Texas

Since 2006, Tarrant County has a combined total of over 72 assault rifles, 29 night vision pieces, two mine resistant ambush protection vehicles (MRAPs), and one other armored vehicle, according to the Department of Defense.

and then gives this nice figure about how many vehicles have been given to law enforcement since 1990

5,512 armored and mine resistant vehicles

as for whether a municipality might have the equivalent in armored vehicles to put together an armored company lets look at LA

Now keep in mind this is more for Twilight 2013 and not the classic game

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department – Special Enforcement Bureau ×6 (One B.E.A.R, three BearCats, two Parademic or MedCats)

Los Angeles Police Department – S.W.A.T ×4 (One B.E.A.R, two BearCats and one MedCat variant)

Meaning you have ten armored cars right there before you even get into anything else they may have