View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
By any definition some challenge articles certainly became canon later. The target list in the Big yellow book was in one of the first few challenge articles (along with the USSR and Canadian lists IIRC).

I honestly don't care about canon but I think if an article was written by one of the original creators/authors it would probably be canon. Actually if I am remembering correctly only the last challenge T2k article ("Rockets Red Glare"?) was a pure fan submission (and I choose to fully ignore it). I believe the rest were either by GDW staff or commissioned articles.
I am asking as I now have Challenge Magazine #25 to 77. I'm reading through them at the moment and there are some very good Twilight 2000 articles.

Many of them were written by Loren K. Wiseman and other well known names, and they certainly could be used to expand information on what we already have in Twilight 2000 from the source books. A lot of additional information on parts of the US and Canada, the Soviet nuclear target list, and some locations in Europe and the Middle East. One good article on what happens to the space shuttles and Soviet shuttle and space stations. I'll type some of it up if I can find some time if anybody interested