View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
Just a quick note here, there is one possibility for openly training and recruiting for the Project. We have to remember that MP is behind an incredibly large, multinational organization with publicly facing business units. It is likely that there would be at least a few private security companies in the mix that operate on foreign soil, opening up the possibility for training and operations like you indicate. This does not completely solve the military training problem, as most of the people in these security units would likely not pass the pre-Project psychological analysis, certainly less than half.
There are two other problems: first, they generally only recruit from experienced soldiers and operators, second, they operate under tremendous scrutiny from government and media. If a few thousand went missing, people would notice.

I figure Morrow weapons and tactics training would happen in a few stages:

First, attendance at one of many schools intended to prepare civilian contractors to work in dangerous areas - basically, a shorter version of boot camp. My company sends people to these regularly.

Second, attendance at private weapons and tactics schools, the same ones that police and special operations use. All-Morrow classes, although not publicly acknowledged as such.

Third, a brief period working for or near a Morrow company that makes heavy weapons - in small groups getting familiar with the heavier weapons and vehicles.

Finally, a trip overseas to a survival course. Again, all-Morrow classes would use this as an extended capstone course, a chance to finalize team assignments, and narrow any mission profiles.

All of these would be run by a variety of companies, going in and out of business, all with legitimate versions as well.

Just a first cut, mind you. And, of course, merely what I am thinking of, YMMV.

Last edited by cosmicfish; 07-17-2017 at 09:55 PM.