View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

With all due respect to Mr. Frey and his work, I'm not certain he has any more authority than anyone else does to declare anything "canon." Unless he's speaking as a duly-authorized representative of Far Future Enterprises - of which I have seen no evidence - he has the exact same status as any other former writer who published under contract to a company and has since moved on to other tasks.

(I would be interested in knowing if he was an in-house writer or a 1099 freelancer, though. The former would presumably make him somewhat more informed about the design intent and long-term company strategy regarding the T2k line, and I have a head full of questions on those issues.)

Olefin, I'll rephrase my question to you: do you have any familiarity with how the publishing industry - RPG or otherwise - operates today?

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 05-12-2012 at 05:35 AM.