View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Banned

Remember that the 2300AD timeline is more a guideline that an actual timeline that has to be followed by Twilight 2000 - for one big reason that so much of it is vague (on person I suspect and there was no inkling that the Twilight 2000 timeline development was going to get suspended by GDW going out of business)

this leaves flexibility in followups - for instance one thing that writers could do is leap forward a couple of years (with Marc Miller's agreement of course) for a followup - i.e. you wouldnt necessarily have to have it set in the early spring of 2001 which is where the released modules and sourcebooks pretty much ended -

also Marc is open to some changes in the proposed timeline as was suggested in Howling Wilderness and the Challenge Magazine articles - not wholesale revision but some modifications, for instance, that would resolve discrepancies between the various modules - even things like work how New America's plans being fully revealed by the events of Kidnapped might bring CivGov and MilGov together faster, at least on a military level, in operations against New America - i.e. the enemy of my enemy is my friend - especially after the plans to subordinate CivGov become known