View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
who stands to make more money, those who say global warming is real and we should do something about human-caused CO2 emissions, or those who want to maintain the status quo and have us continue to burn fossil fuels? The answer is blindingly obvious.
The answer is indeed obvious IMO. The second one of course. However, the first wanting to take the place of the second the answer will be: The first one as well.

Then my own answer is none of them are to be trusted and my opinion is:
- Don't know if we are exeperienciig Global Warming but obviously the climate is changing as it has done constantly since Earth exist (Great news, houray for the scientists).
- Scientist are all fools. Copernicus as been contested by almost every scientist of its time. So were Pasteur, Einstein, Darwin... (just name them). Therefore, Targan I don't follow you and as long as several scientist remain opposed to the conclusion, these conclusions stand a good chance to be wrong (Nothing New).
- Does humanity has a hand into this? no doubt, we were 3 billion in 1980, we are 6 billion 30 years later. Only by farting are we acting on the climate. However, oil consumption per capita has been going down for these same 30 years (People are concerned but they are still pushed to make more babies).
- Can we do something about it. I strongly doubt it and if we consider that We Can. The end result will be catastrophe (Cool??).
- Can we do something for ourselves. No doubt in my mind than Yes and we must prepare and change our ways. If we don't the end result will be extinction (good news for the planet).

Honestly, I don't give a S... about our planet without us. Something else: I currently need my car and my computer is constantly working. I won't change that and I'm willing to fight for it. Make better cars and better computers!!

By the way, I have faith in what I'm saying here but that is valid for myself only and I can be absolutely wrong. That's a philosophical opinion no more.

Last edited by Mohoender; 09-15-2009 at 03:31 AM.