View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 08:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Wow! I just got emailed a post notification, and the post isn't actually there! Nowhere Man, did you delete your post, or are there ghosts in Kcdusk's machine?
Well, I posted but I deleted it, in the human caused global climate change issue, I don't believe in it or at least our effect is so little, it cannot really be measured. I just didn't want to ruffle more feathers than they were already as I thought about it. I got into a real donnybrooke last time.

I just see it, the powers that be behind "climate change caused by humans" as a ploy by the powers pushing it as another way, forceable interference (borrowing a term from noted libertarian of the 1970's, Robert J. Ringer), to control the lives of free people. I tend to be conservative/libertarian in my views, more so the latter on many things. Federal government should stay within its Constitutional boundaries, maybe with an addition of a sundry thing or two, like space exploration, and not be influenced by such forceable interference groups and so on.

Robert J. Ringer wrote books, one of which, Looking Out For #1 (1977) puts a lot of what we were discussing into perspective. Ayn Rand is another influence too, she has a lot of important takes in Atlas Shrugged and so on. I'm not a true Objectivist either, I think that is going too far but she makes a lot of points and I do disagree on her atheism, I tend to be religious at times as well. I guess I would be hard to place so I see myself as conservative/libertarian. When it comes to moral issues, I think the Federal government should be silent on many of them with very few exception, as long as it does not go past the Constitution, things should be left to the States or local entities.

That's my take on a lot of this stuff, although I disagree on this climate change stuff, human caused that is, I don't want to debate it here but since it was brought up, I figure I'd state my position anyways. If anyone wants more insight into my thoughts and so on, I can go private.

Chuck M.