View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
Rate of fire has nothing to do with accuracy. Accuracy is measured by a character's skill. The people you know were not qualified by the US Army. To qualify as an Expert Rifleman in the Infantry during my term of service, you had to hit all the pop ups with all the rounds in a triburst (even the 300 meter target). To qualify Expert with the M60E2, I had to hit a 600 meter target with 3 rounds of a 6 round burst (in 8 seconds or less).
Yes and no rate of fire does have some to do with overall accuracy, the more recoil the less accurate you are, skill does compensate for this some, but not all. Weight, compensators, and just how the weapon is build are some other factors that can be factors in overall accuracy.

I am not sure when your team of service was, but during mine (1993 - 2013) automatic/Three round bust was never part of any rifle/carbine qualification course, SMG/Machineguns yes but the M16/M4/Mk18/GAU-5 or whatever you want to call it. Now on the Machinegun even by your post an expert only has a 50% hit rate on full auto but rate of fire has nothing to do with that? If they were shooting semi-auto would a 50% hit rate still be an expert?