Thread: KFS Refit
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Sardonicus View Post
I think in terms of KFC in many ways like the SADF in the border wars of 70s-80s no political support intended, they were part of a horrid government.

But they do seemed to have mastered a modern form of Blitzkreig. For them the number one vehicle was the Rattel a big wheeled, armoured vehicle, with very long range, high speed and excellent cross country capability. At the expense of armour or until the Ingwe missile heavy armament.

Rather it was where it needed to be and in large numbers. With good recon it wasn't where enemy heavy tanks such as T55 were until they were in sufficent numbers to win.

The Rattel also had big windows, lots of doors and a few would have quick firing smoke launchers. So if facing an ambush, or a force of tanks it could quickly get the infantry out, screen the enemy with mortar smoke and then either run away from an ambush or charge down a tank at point blank range.

It's how a thin skinned vehicle with an ancient french 90mm took on a full size t55 and won again and again.

But where possible heavy armour was spotted by recon units and ambushed by lighter infantry units. At first with rpgs and mines later with atgms.

It's a model I can see KFS adopting, certainly the v300 is perfectly suited for such warfare. One could picture a skilled group of Spartans in v300s with good recon giving a MARS1 quite a head ache.

I could also vision elite recon Spartan tank hunters riding around in jeeps or on horse back hunting lone morrow units. Before crippling them with shots from anti material rifles, shattering engine blocks and puncturing tyres.
Fortunately for the PCs the KFS army is not that professional. The Officer Corps is hereditary, corrupt, and suspicious of one another.

Some of them are soldiers because they are not competent enough to be trusted with Family business!