Name: M86 Pursuit Denial Munition
Wt:
Burst Radius:
DPW: 49 Main Charge Comp A5 21 gr
Packaging:
Package Wt:
Package Dimensions:
Effects.
The M86 Antipersonnel Mine is manually armed by removing the safety clip and then the arming strap assembly. A camming action breaks the shorting bar and forces the battery ball against the battery breaking the glass ampule containing an electrolyte which activates the reserve battery and provides power. The shorting bar hook, attached to the cam, shears the shorting bar (a safety device across the detonator). After a 60-second (nominal) electronic time delay, a piston actuator in the Safe and Arm mechanism is electrically fired, moving a slider to align the detonator with an explosive lead in the slider. At the same time, seven sensor triplines are released. Approximate three or four triplines will deploy up to 20 feet from the mine, depending upon the at-rest position of the mine. The remaining triplines may be hindered due to their proximity to the resting surface. After an additional 10- second electronic time delay, allowing the munition to return to equilibrium, the mine is fully armed electronically. Disturbance of a tripline, or the mine itself, now triggers a switch which completes an electronic firing circuit. The S&A electric detonator initiates the S&A firing train which initiates a detonating cord which then initiates a thin layer of liquid propellant, which by gravity rests under the kill mechanism, shattering the plastic mine body and propelling the kill mechanism upwards from 6 inches to 8 feet above the ground where it detonates. The kill mechanism is a spheroid internally embossed and loaded with 21 grams of Comp A5 and when detonated, propels fragments in a high velocity spherical pattern.
If the mine is not activated by tripline or disturbance mode, a factory preset self-destruct feature initiates the mine in 4 hours plus 0-20 percent.