View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I just feel like what I've written up so far is a little thin for a sourcebook. Would it be helpful if I broke Kenya down into some geographical regions and got a little more specific with the local conditions found there? Would more detailed write-ups of the OPFOR be useful?
A full on source book would seem to be a bit of overkill for just one small(ish) African country not directly involved with the overall war. Eastern Europe, a dozen or so countries which were, only got one book between them.

I'd say aim for something that would fit into 6-10 pages - what you might expect to see in Challenge. Either that or expand to cover the entire continent (which is far more work than I think any of us here would want to do given there's virtually no foundation material).

Realistically, the only countries/small regions which deserve a "book" are the US, UK, France (and it's dependencies and colonies), the Mediterranean (focusing on Greece and Italy), Korea and it's immediate neighbours including China (pretty easy - melted glass with the odd scorched bone sticking out of it), and perhaps Pakistan/India and Australasia (Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific islands and including Indonesia and up to about Singapore). Might be worth exploring South and Central America in one book also, but as none of them were a part of the main conflict zones...

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem