Thread: Reforger
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM

Give some of the newly mobilized units the Stingray once DOD puts the embargo on weapons sales to all but "Critical" allies (other NATO members, Iran, Israel, ROK, Japan, Aussies, etc.). The M-8 is still needed in those divisions (and 14th ACR) that go to CENTCOM as it's air-transportable more easily. Not to mention 10th Mountain, 6th, 7th, 25th LIDs as well as the ARNG's 29th LID.

As for the Sheridan, if you're one of those that include the Mexican invasion (and I'm not one of them-I had the JCS giving the Mexicans "instant sunshine" 48 hours after they cross the border), the Sheridan can handle the Mexican armor that it encounters. Though tackling Division Cuba with T-72s in the Sheridan is something I'd rather not try unless my will was probated and sins confessed in advance. Though the Sheridan might go with the 173rd Airborne Brigade when they go to East Africa. (little in the way of armored opposition, and given the threat level, HE and beehive rounds would be more common)

Old USMC Adage