View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:45 AM
bigehauser

Commo equipment could consist of the older Delta model ASIP Prick 1523 SINCGARS...ECHO and FOXTROT being the current use, so harder to come by...however, proper generator and vehicle power mounts and wiring would be required...as well as recharging systems for the man portable batteries if one time use batteries are not had.

Motorola also makes a shit ton of different Land Mobile Radio and Air Mobile Radio systems that are easier had as many law enforcement and first responders will be using them all across the country.

I would say your best bet is to search around the net for a good radio system from Motorola. Uniforms could be sand colored BDUs(solid sand color, no camo), or a light brown variant...depending on the area, whether wooded, or desert/low foliage, BDUs, or DCUs bought NOS(new, old stock) surplus could be had(Fort Gordon, "Disgusta," GA was giving out BDUs for FREE to anyone who would pick them up on Thursdays at Clothing Sales/Services when I was there for AIT in '07)

In theory, these guys could be outfitted to the 9's, using one generation back hand me downs from the USDoD considering they most likely have the resources, and channels to do it.