View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
okay looking it up i am wrong on that but it is a better way to deal with them from a logistical standpoint. after all if the Project has access to reliable cold fusion power we can assume they have figured out a way to make a MOPP suit that's lightweight enough for everyday wear even after building in some form of soft armor.

There are basically three ways it can protect. First is to prevent contact with the skin. This would mean it is liquid and gas impervious. Basically a sauna suit that will quickly become uncomfortable to wear on a daily basis. Even it it were somehow one-way and let water vapor out but nothing back in, it would be uncomfortable. The second way is to safely absorb the toxins. Activated charcoal or even a custom carbon nanotubes system would do the job. But at some point this will get saturated and have to be disposed of. The third way is for the suit to actively neutralize the toxins, either by chemical means or having powered graphene channels that reduce the compounds down. This again will require periodic replacement or a connected power source.

If you really want the project coveralls to do it all, I suppose we can rationalize a suit with nanotubes to capture and contain the toxins and graphene circuits that can safely clear the nanotubes when you have time to do maintenance on your gear. Just remember that this does mean that some units of the KFS military will have the same capabilities, since they will have some captured suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk