View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:34 PM

You also have to keep in mind that T2K has a GM, and, as in AD&D, the GM could modify things as they wished to their (of the players) liking. The players want a M1A2 "Giraffe" and you do too, then let them get all the fuel they need and even ammo from the local lord who happens to have those things.

For example, for my purposes, Italians in general were pro-NATO in 1990, so I went with the idea that the Soviet politicians wanted to avoid the war, and then were sucked in by their alliance with Greece, and thus, were now allied with the Soviets - something the populace was not happy about. When TDM occurred, and even neutrals were hit, the Italians revolted, supported by the army, and the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister executed. Spring '98 found the Italian Army smashing into the flanks of the Pact forces in Austria and Czechoslovakia, and basically forcing Pact forces back to the Danube. For France, pro-NATO riots are so bad, that martial law exist with overtones of a military dictatorship by 2000. Things are bad enough for the French, that a good chunk of the still floating navy, including the Foch and the Jeanne d'Arc, mutiny and join NATO. I also have the Brits for the most part dumping the dreadful L-85 in favor of L1A1s and 5.56mm converted MPiAK-74Ns (German AK-74s in 5.56mm NATO).

If you want to change things around, feel free to do so. No doubt things would be bad in the US, but does anyone think CIVGOV or MILGOV is going to just abandon nuclear reactors? These can be islands of organization, and that is what I made them. I also had the Soviets invading Finland (I don't think NATO would have) and Sweden declaring war on the side of NATO in December 1996 because of repeated territory violations by Pact subs and aircraft (which I strongly believe would have happened). The Swiss Army enters Austria and Germany in December 1997 officially for "disaster relief" but freely engages Pact forces whenever possible.

In short, do your own thing and don't get hung up on following cannon.

Last edited by mpipes; 04-13-2014 at 12:12 AM.