View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 07:58 AM

Default Prime Base, Old vs New

Still trying to chew through the Prime Base issues. Its like a wad of year old gum. My jaws keep getting tired!

I can see that with the date of the war changing the old Prime Base would get mothballed. Everyone there is frozen and the role goes to a much smaller facility that is primarily automated. I could see it being a distributed network type of facility, with several mutually redundant and interconnected nodes. That makes it much more survivable. I'm trying to figure out how such a facility would be designed, operate and fail.

To make the classical module more interesting I have a lot of options.
In one of the works cited as original source material Hiero's Journey the good guys (A Priest, A Princess, A Druid(ish) an Intelligent mutant bear a somewhat intelligent mutant moose and some sailors are attempting to find a huge "Pre-death" facility. They find one entrance at the same time the bad guys find another one. It becomes a race to search the facility AND not get discovered by the bad guys. Also the facility has some interesting "residents" to contend with.

there are a lot of groups that would be really interested in Prime Base
Krell
Slavers (if there are people in cryostorage)
Salvagers
The Scien from Desert Search
Breeders
Snake Eaters
Maybe some remote units from Damocles

That is just the short list

I could easily see a group digging around the site, knowing something is there, but not what when the players roll up on the area. Heck there was a mine there, maybe some prospectors are looking for the mother-load!

There might be antiquarians search for artifacts from the past to sell with a small dig that hits something far bigger.