View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
They were warned a few days before by a French frigate on anti-piracy patrol not to continue their planned voyage to Zanzibar but they ignored the advice. I believe they were quoted as saying something like "We can't let the threat of pirates control our lives". Harsh way to learn a lesson.
Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that. These people were die hard ecologist/survivalist or whatever similar (sort of) who wanted to get away from our perverted world. From what I understand, they underestimated the threat, considering that the situation was overexagerated by governments. Therefore, they chose to ignore the warnings.

I can understand they made that choice, however, i don't understand they included their 3 years old kid in it. As a result, the kid has lost his father and it's indeed an harsh way to learn a lesson.

The worse is that (currently) part of the media and part of the politicians are trying to hold the soldiers responsible for it. IMO, these people hold full responsibility. On the bright sight, the victim's father thanks the french troops. So far, he has been the only one to do it fully.