View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Banned

actually I was going to move some of what I said to that other thread

Raellus - I forgot where is the thread that was discussing HW specifically - you are right that that belongs there

FYI one of the things I am talking about as to contradiction

HW Page 44 -MilGov was unable to mount an offensive in 1999 in Texas

Red Star Lone Star - page 42 - A US counteroffensive in 1999 failed

US Army Vehicle Guide - 95th Infantry Division participated in the 5th Army's drive to clear Texas of marauders and paramilitary bands. Following the defeat of the 49th Armored Division by Soviet Division Cuba the 95th fought rearguard actions to cover the withdrawal of 90th Corps into Oklahoma.

49th Armored Division spearheaded the same drive and suffered heavy vehicle losses when counterattacked by Soviet Division Cuba. The School Brigade was attached to the 49th for the offensive.

Thus you have both the US Army Vehicle Guide and Red Star Lone Star stating that the US Army clearly conducted an offensive into Texas in 1999 - and HW contradicts it by saying there was no offensive.

Second

Airlords of the Ozarks - the adventure doesnt even start until the end of February/early March of 2001 - you have to allow time to get in there, do the adventure, find out what is going on and then report back to MilGov - but according to HW MilGov is already attacking into the Ozarks in March and taking massive casualties - to the point that the 85th is merged with the 197th by March - so the timelines dont agree - according to HW by April 2001 they are mopping up NA in Arkansas and Missouri after a long fight - but according to Ozarks that fight couldnt even have begun yet until late March to early April at the earliest

Allegheny Uprising - the govt in Harrisburg is still intact but has no influence on the western part of the states - and the farmland in the center of the state is said to be fertile - also the adventure itself can be set anytime after Dec 2000 - but it specifically says you can have characters play Ozarks first - which means that the earliest you could get those characters there given the distance would be mid- April to mid May of 2001 - according to HW that area was already seeing the effects of the drought - but there is no mention of that in Allegheny Uprising - just a short food situation around Pittsburgh - also the whole reason Caldwell wants to recover the cache's is to regain CivGov control over all of Maryland and Western PA - yet in HW by that time frame he is already in the process of starting the evacuation

entry from Uprising says that it could start as late as the summer of 2001 - by which time Caldwell according to HW is already evacuating the area

Depending on the background of the ongoing campaign, some referees may prefer to begin the scenario with the player characters somewhere along the Mississippi or Ohio Rivers. An
adventure group which has recently completed the module Airlords of the Ozarks may begin in Memphis, Tennessee, which is currently held by the 197th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized),
and make their way by barge or river tug up the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers to Pittsburgh. In the summer of 2001, this would be a long and difficult journey, made dangerous by the marauder
and pirate bands which infest the river valley regions and prey on inland waterway commerce. The trek could easily be spun out into a long campaign in its own right.

HW PA - no mention at all of any central government in PA or of any attempts to recover any of the other caches mentioned in Allegheny Uprising - and the five Bradley's recovered in the cache by the 228th are not mentioned at all in that units description - and those fully operational Bradleys would be very powerful vehicles indeed in 2001

Soviet Vehicle Guide - 41st and 14th Soviet Motor Rifle Divisions have changed sides and are now friendly to NATO and are fighting on MilGov's side

HW - no mention at all of either unit in Alaska or of what happened to those units - and the 41st had nearly 4000 men and 4 tanks - so what happened to the 41st?

Ok so as promised there is part of what I meant by contradictions in HW to earlier canon - and as Baretta used to say "thats the name of that tune" - any other posts about HW I will put up on the other thread Raellus once you send me the link - and as for new canon releases I am working on several things now and will work with Marc to see what is ok with and what isnt

Last edited by Olefin; 06-06-2017 at 09:39 PM.