View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
If you look at what engaged them when they invaded there wasnt much in the way of armor
17tth Armoured Brigade was based at Fort Irwin, California in the V1 timeline. I'm well aware that it wasn't a heavy armoured brigade but it did have a number of M551 Sheridans which might have been bad news for any Mexican forces riding in unarmoured vehicles (requisitioned pick ups, etc)

And if you were a Mexican scout and you saw one of these would you know the main gun is a mock up?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...ismod_T-80.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
The idea that the equipment was transshipped via Cuba before the U.S. and U.S.S.R. were officially at war makes a bit more sense to me. Perhaps the AFVs were originally intended for Division Cuba but then given to the Mexicans shortly after they invaded the SW?
This strikes me as the most plausible explanation.

The idea of a Soviet merchant convoy making a pacific crossing at a late stage in the War to deliver equipment to Division Cuba makes zero sense to me. I'd suggest that if the Soviets were in a position to send such a convoy its most likely purpose would be to repatriate Division Cuba back to the Soviet Union.