View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 03:10 PM

Hey. You kinda inspired me last winter while I was in between jobs and needed a creative outlet. I started working on a Twilight 1964 guidebook and US Army guide based in part on your research and the old Twilight 1964 topic.

I'm posting them here because I haven't found time to do more than tinker with them lately, and because I'm pretty sure I'm lost in my own head with 'em. If you're curious, take a gander.

I mostly just updated old Twilight 1964 guide (tried to bring more authenticity to the military parts and I've reviewed/renewed about half of the U.S. states so far - some of the descriptions were a little too ridiculous, and some of the landmarks mentioned didn't exist in 1964). Google docs link here.

The Twilight 1964 American Military Handbook was just a means for me to nerd out on vehicles (and, eventually, weapons). I never played TW2K when I was a kid, but I absolutely loved the US, Soviet and NATO vehicle guides and tried to replicate that feel here, and to make it look like period U.S. Army Standard Military Vehicle Characteristics Data Sheets (I have the 1963 version for inspiration).

Both come with color plates, and both are incomplete. Just waiting for a second wind, I suppose.

Hope you like, and I'm happy to hear any critiques if you've got the time and inclination.

Last edited by hell-fish; 10-01-2018 at 03:17 PM.