View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I'm guessing that what you call a Kubotan is what I call a Yawara. (I'm guessing we studied different martial arts.) I carry one of those flashlights in my pocket, and have several in the house and another in the car. They sell them by ton down at Walmart for a dollar apiece, so I can have plenty of them and if I break one, so what.

And unfortunately, I'm not allowed bows or crossbows. Not sure what Texas says about knives, however...I have an ornamental Wakizashi in my closet, and while it doesn't have much of a blade, it does have a wicked point.
I'd buy a $10 paracord Shepard's Sling (ReadyMan sells them). It WILL take LOTS of practice to become proficient but they do work. It looks like a bundle of cord and you can get "ammo" out of any stream or river. Just look for 300 to 400-gram stones that are smooth and oval-shaped. Keep it in your house with a good old-fashioned WOODEN baseball bat and a cheap baseball glove. Anyone who sees it will just assume you play and you won't be defenseless in your own home. You also have the best "biological burglar alarm" ever made in your dogs.

You might also check out the TASER PULSE. If you can carry the PULSE, remember to keep your receipt. The PULSE is designed to deliver a 30-second pulse so you can drop it and run. The manufacturer is claiming they will replace a PULSE used in self-defense if you have your receipt AND a police report. Unlike stun guns, tasers DO WORK without having to hit one of the 13 nerve bundles/pressure points on the body.