View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 02:27 AM
Registered Registrant

I don't think anybody here is implying that Gygax is responsible for the loss of GDW, certainly not me and as far as I read it, not Jason or Leg either.
What I am saying though, is that I believe Lorraine Williams is pretty much the one and only person responsible. Her single minded (almost obsessive and even spiteful) desire to get Gary out of gaming saw her display some very poor leadership and the results for both companies were, as we know, terminal.

Edit: While the discussion about Williams is interesting enough, my main motivation for starting this thread was the recognition that it has been two decades since GDW ceased operations.
Twenty... 20... years!
I was so looking forward to Armor 21, their RPG of war for resources in the 21st century and throughout that first decade after 1996 I scoured the gaming press and then the internet for info about it only to finally learn that no progress had been made on the product when the doors closed for the final time. And the same applied for any expansions to the Cadillacs & Dinosaurs RPG.
Twenty years folks, where has the time gone? At least we can still get some Twilight: and Merc: 2000 games going and even Cadillacs & Dinosaurs if you have the one and only book for it.
But Damn! I still want Armor 21 haha!

Last edited by StainlessSteelCynic; 03-02-2016 at 02:39 AM. Reason: adding some thoughts