View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post

The US Treasury also follows a similar ideology. I have seen a COG paper delivered to a bank that would substitute coinage for paper currency in the event of a major disaster that disrupted the nation as a whole. Under this plan;

- Pennies equal Dollars.
- Nickles equal Fives.
- Dimes equal Tens.
- Quarters equal Twenties.

and so on.

The issuing authority would collect and "inventory" a region's coinage and institute the new scale. Merchants would be given "product" in exchange for the coinage collected and be "encouraged" to take coin for "product" during a civilian sale. This would start the cycle and help build confidence in the currency again. I have Krakow operating under a similar system and it works fine. The only thing I didn't do (and regret now) is that I didn't use POLISH currency as we were unfamiliar with it and the internet didn't exist as it does today.
This is a interesting idea, and how would this work with all the coins already out there in the public hands? You said they would collect the regions coinage, but with out going door to door (something that I can not see them pulling off, even if they tried) there would still so much coinage in the area, that it seams to me would throw off the system, or am I missing something?