View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
I also think PC might want to pick all the brass after a firefight that they win anybody know what a spent casing weights?
That depends partly on what material the casings are made out of, doesn't it? Might not make much difference if you're just picking up a few dozen casings, but several hundred you might begin to feel the difference.

I know brass is a common material for a lot of cartridges, but the Soviets among others were still using some lacquered steel casings, weren't they? I think there was a thread around here somewhere that had some discussion on Soviet steel-cased ammo.

Another thing to take into consideration is that the ejection action on some weapons, depending on the make and model can be pretty violent and either damage or even rip the case in half.
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake