View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestor View Post
Great stuff! I'm stealing this for my upcoming campaign. A couple of thoughts:

1. I loved the addition of soup. One of the things that I think the Army does well is soup. I think this, along with stew, would have been a staple of the 5th ID.

2. Any thoughts on eggs? Another thing the Army does well (look at the line omlette bar at any DFAC). Now, I'm not thinking there's going to be such a thing on at the field kitchen as 5th ID is jumping off on it's raid, BUT, chickens and eggs are fairly easy to keep and eggs are a great source of protein. Now, chickens are succeptible to disease if kept together in large numbers or come in contact with certain migratory waterfowl (which have probably already been shot by locals for food), but to me some type of arrangement such as "protection and tractor maintenance in exchange for some of your eggs" would be a pretty sweet deal for a German or Polish farmer.
It wouldn't surprise me to see all manner of "livestock" being driven along (as in a cattle drive, NOT in a truck) with the logistics tail. The US Army was forced to open a school for handling pack mules during the most recent deployments. The mules were just the best solution for certain units in Afghanistan. I'm guessing the US (and NATO) would "hire" a bunch of "Civilian Contractors" to handle such livestock in Twilight.