View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebarde
WTF did the US-communist flag come from? Sounds like a target got missed somewhere! As for factional flags, the Milgov and Civgov BOTH would fly the stars and stripes. Are we talking something else here? The stars and bars (confederate battle flag) would be local use, non official at all. State flags, ie the Lone Star would be common amoung Texas units I think. And Bonnie Blue is NOT a good choice for NA IMO. Flags are symbols and the reuse of them by others is a bit touchy sometimes.
The US-communist flag was off-topic and found on the web. As a result, it doesn't reflect any personnal opinion but seemed interesting for game purpose (may be I had not made myself clear). For Milgov and Civgov I disagree with your idea but what I put on is only a proposal. It seemed to me that it was interesting for both to fly a flag that would be inspired by it.

The confederate flag, however, is not the battle flag but the National State Flag that was used during the last month of the war. This was only a reference to an old post coming from the RPGhost. The author of this post had put forward a Confederate Sovereign State that was interesting.

From what I recall, several states had declared independence and; therefore, would fly their own flag.

In addition, I would imagine each faction flying their own flag in addition to the star and stripes.

I agree for the Bonnie Blue but I couldn't imagine anything else and I'm still waiting for proposals from our American community. By the way it had been raised several time as a sign of independence (1810: Republic of West Florida, 1836: inspiration to first Texas flag, 1860-61: Jackson (Mississippi). This is the kind of statement made by NA and their main group is located in Florida and in the South. As a result, it could be one of their choice; a provocative one, I agree but why not? From what I understand from the game NA is not exactly a group of US patriots fighting for the revival of the USA.

By the way, Grae, I'm not sure about the meaning of your last sentence. This is a game and this is game subject only. If you are getting touchy even on that, I'm not sure to see the point of keeping that community togethere. This time I'm the one complaining, but people getting touchy on everything and anything start to be a itching my back a little too much around here. Give us a break!!

Ok I have done my part but most of these post have nothing to do with personnal, cultural or national attacks. Actually, I don't even think that anyone ever made such attack.

Last edited by Mohoender; 02-11-2009 at 10:02 AM.