View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 09:28 AM

Talking about changing modules, to me that is the FUN in RPG's!!!!! Sometimes playing the module straight up is great. Then for both the player and the GM, changing one little item DOES change "the world".

One memorable example. I played this in about 1995 96. We were working for the C.I.A. We were chasing after the Black Madonna. As we neared the rubble strewn hill that led to the caverns where we thought the BM was stored, we met with another group of soldiers. Wearing SWISS army uniforms??!!?? After a minute or two of confusion and apprehension, a tall, elderly man stepped out from the main body of the Swiss. As an American and a Roman Catholic, my character recognized him.....instantly.....

His Holiness, John Paul II......

He KNEW what the Black Madonna was and what it could mean to the Polish People. He was here to find it and use himself and the Madonna as a rallying cry for the Polish nation. Would we help him?

We Americans looked at each other. Thought about it. The Master Sgt. commanding our squad said it best. "F*** the C.I.A, the D.I.A, the K.G.B. This is a man of God. Who the F*** are we to stand in his way? OK, Mr. Pope, Lead on."

My $0.02

Mike