View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanis View Post
Is it possible? Has anyone done it? How did it go? How would you go about running and playing a game like this? All I have so far is to make some Characters to fill out the Unit. I hope you all can help me.
I have done it. Have the player generate two or three characters with a specific focus like mechanic or medic (so they are familiar with those characters) and run them as SUPPORT NPCs. One guy watches the vehicle the other heals the player's character and maintains stuff. You can also use these NPCs as a "vessel" to "discuss" stuff or help the player decide on a course of action by acting through them. If the player's character is badly wounded, he can switch to playing one of the NPCs until he knits up. They can also be used as "The Calvery" to rescue him if things go south.

You will need to increase the skills per term in order to ensure the group's survival. With fewer team members, each member will need to be more skilled in a wider variety of skills. I'd recommend giving them EDU + INT Skills per term in a RAW game. This NEEDS to be spread among a larger number of Skills in order to ensure that the team has all the necessary skills. I'd give the NPCs the "boring" Medical and Mechanical Skills while the Player's character takes all the action-based Skills.

A good concept might be to run a Two-Man Sniper Team trying to RECON the Enemy position or escape from behind the lines. A Three or Four-Man RECON team in an Uparmored Hummer (complete with Thermal or X25 Image Intensifier and a single heavy weapon) scouting the flanks could be another good concept. You just need to be REALISTIC about how much extra work you can handle ESPECIALLY if the player is NOT experienced (experienced players make a HUGE difference in the play experience).

I hope this helps.

Swag