View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
That means the industrial plant will basically sit idle for half the year, as the soldiers that operate it are out in the field.

The lack of winter campaigns also goes against history and would be very poor military art for the First Cav. The American Indians HATED winter fighting and one of the ways that the historical campaigns developed was winter attacks on indian encampments. There is no reason why the Cav isn't tearing up the savages all winter long. If the horse cavalry of the 19th century could do it against the tribes in the west why can't the better armed and equipped cav in Lonestar do the same?

The idea that the savages have been pushing back Texas for decades makes no sense. The savages are melee warriors and the Texans, including civilians, have repeating fire arms. I don't see any way the savages can push into Texas. I do see the Cav hammering the savages, ESPECIALLY, in the winter. I'd think that the savages would fear winter storms because the cav would use them as cover. Many savage villages were overrun during snow or rain as the first they knew was when the cav tanks rolled out of the precipitation spitting death.
Savages? The Brotherhood has firearms and working vehicles........ they are the descendants of survivalists that have built a warrior kult.