View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 11:32 AM

I don't have the new version yet, just the old version... but I think Science-One was the only vehicle I kept the last time I played. The rest are dated and/or impractical and/or conspicuous compared to what else they could do. The Science-One I kept because, being original it could be presumed to be cutting edge, because there were no other mobile science labs I could find, and because I couldn't think of anything better!

I did reject 3 vehicles before any others - MARS-One, the hovercraft, and the gyrocopter. The first is just a ridiculous combat vehicle, and the other two are inferior to simply having boats, APC's, and helicopters.

I recently started putting together a new Project - as a GM, I want a decent idea of overall structure, scope, and TOE before I start the game. I assumed the War occurred at today + 2 years, near enough to keep things current but far enough to allow for nuclear war to reasonably happen. I tried to pick vehicles that were (a) armored all over (because MP members are NOT disposable!), (b) easy enough to build and/or move within the US, and (c) consistent with what I saw as the needs of the project.

For the most part, I used Strikers as my main Recon and MARS vehicle, with some Bradleys for the tougher MARS crews. I used the Lockheed-Martin JLTV as my "jeep" and the M1074 heavy truck as my primary support vehicle for Specialty teams. The only hovercraft I have on my TOE is the LCAC, because a good deal of my higher structure is devoted to logistical support to the teams.