View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Internet Intellectual

My point is

There what the Project was supposed to be on start, not what it is with Prime Base off line and faulty computer code sending random wake up codes 150 years to late.

The Project is of course about reconstruction. The reality is that it is a WAR that caused all the chaos that needs to be repaired and rebuilt from. There is no guarantee that the war is over five years after 19 November 1989. There isn't a guarantee that hostile forces are not occupying American soil at year five (there is and in more than one location). Further there isn't any indication that the Soviets are completely done with and cannot retaliate further.

That is why I continue to believe that the Project would have acquired F-5s for air superiority mission over Prime Base and critical Project assets like the (censored) in OP Desert Search.

Now, Are those going to be operable in year 150+ ? Well, I am not handing Prime Base or a Regional base over to the players, so I am not giving them F-5s. That is an asset for the PD to bring into play if the players have really messed up the B&B or Lonestar campaigns. Are they going to fly? Well, V-150s do, all the ordnance in the bolt holes and caches does. F-5s cannot be more complex than HAAM suits, Science One, or a MARS one....... Hell that can't be more complex than a cryosleep chamber. If hand waving works for those I am going to allow it for F-5s and spare parts.