View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001 View Post
Burning Man takes place on federally controlled land. If the Feds and the local county governments do not issue the permits there will be no Burning Man. How likely will the Feds be willing to issue the permits for a big party out in a desert with 1), war with the Chinese and Russians looming and 2), the impending impact of a giant asteroid? How likely will the super rich hippies want to attend Burning Man when the possibility of losing their wealth in the big WW3 looms large on the horizon?
Why would the federal government aka the Park Service care? At this point they have other things more important to do than babysit adults who want to get drunk / stoned and dance to wierd music. What would their response be when half that number 50,000 people turn up anyway?

Quote:
I doubt the local counties would issue the permits because they do not want to be the governments responsible for caring and rescuing the hippies stuck out in the desert when poop hits the fan.
At that point I don't think anyone could careless about permits. The code enforcement guy would just get laughed back into his car.

Quote:
More than likely the BOD of the businesses those super rich hippies own will push for less play time and more prep for the bleak future.
Maybe, or their isn't any point. Some businesses wouldn't have a purpose without the grid and financial institutions. Oracle and Cisco come to mind.

Quote:
Whereas in 3rd edition nobody saw it coming in 4th edition everybody sees it coming and can prepare.
I am so disappointed in the editing and final product that I paid $50.00 for ........ I don't give a damn what the 4th edition says.

If I could get my $50 back I might care.