View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 PM

We maybe making this harder than it needs to be. Your original idea is excellent, it's the scale of the thing.

For a Team, one or even two of these 8 spoke sites is an excellent starting point for assisting survivors. These would be placed near prime locations with good water, usable lumber, decent farmland, etc. If the team is going to be operating in areas where a large refugee population would reasonably be expected to pass through, then stacking 3-6 spokes/levels would be a viable solution.

I can even see these sites being positioned in easy to find locations, minus any obvious Morrow Project equipment and perhaps listed as Civil Defense stockpiles. The team would have as part of their mission, the job of checking the nearest "stockpile" and see if any community has been set up.

In my own games, I have the teams equipped with a variety of footlocker-sized chests that hold antennes, radio repeator gear, ni-cad batteries and a solar collector to recharge the batteries. Great way of helping a team expand its radio capabilities...there is also another reason, if one of these sites goes off line, it's a good indicator that locals may be capable of understanding and using this technology....