Thread: Batteries?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

Yes, neglected. But really, other than some radios and flashlights, what other things are you going to use batteries in that would be necessary and useful in T2K? I mean, it's not like you're going to be using a remote control for anything, and I-pods and cell phones will just be useless junk. Even cameras will be pretty useless unless you have either a working computer (digital cameras) or a dark room and all the chemicals (SLR film cameras).

So flashlights, maybe night vision goggles, your geiger counter and a radio would be all you would need batteries for. And how long do those things normally last compared to the battery life? I mean, you're more likely to drop or damage your NVGs before their battery life goes out. Maybe your flashlight would go through some batteries, but the rest would probably be on their only, or maybe second set of batteries before wear and tear made them inoperable anyway.

Vehicles, on the other hand, those batteries might be more of a challenge that might need to be addressed. Stray bullets, overuse, lack of use...they could all wear down the batteries and require replacements. That might be a challenge in the long run.