Thread: Convoy's!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 PM
sic1701

Targan, I've seen pictures of those goliath trains...how do they keep from getting knuckles? (i.e. broken couplers) Is it all flatland there? Or do they get up to speed and just idle from there?

If you want to find the train-related threads and give 'em a little bump, I'll see what I can do in terms of correcting or updating or expanding. Everything I've said tonight, and will say in this open forum, can be found on the Internet with a little looking either in open literature or on the umpteen thousand railfan sites (we call them "foamers", but we love 'em just like the Air Force pukes love the fans taking pictures from lawn chairs at the ends of runways; it's like our own papparazi...). Regarding certain operational matters, it isn't so much that they're classified top-secret like SIOP but that we can get into serious trouble if we discuss them, as well as jeopardize the ability of my employer to do their thing that pays my mortgage...and keeps my electricity going so I can get on the Juhlin site.