View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

I was in the camp of "man, people are just being too overly sensative these days" and that it was being blown out of proportion by the media and others. I mean, sure the letters are of the same style as the SS of Nazi Germany, but the flag is not the same flag. And I did know that the Scout Snipers had used that symbol for a while.

In other areas I've read a lot of people railing against the image, and others railing against those that rail against the image. It wasn't until I read Webstral's comments that it ever occured to me to think another way. It goes to my personal belief of Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it. I had this belief about people wanting to build things in particular places or certain groups choosing to petition certain things. Just because you legally can do it, doesn't mean you ethically should do it.

So should the Scout Snipers be able to use the SS abbreviation? Certainly. But should they use the same general style as that used by the SS of Nazi Germany? They can, but they shouldn't.

With the advent of camera phones in everyone's pocket now, it's fairly evident you can't even take a piss without someone taking a picture of it anymore, so people have to take that into consideration as to their actions and the images they use. What may have flown even 20 years ago simply is too potentially incriminating anymore to use/say/do.

And Targan, sorry if I lynched you.