View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 04:12 PM

The module Bear's Den has a Scud B with a biological agent. The agent is described as a virus that creates general flu-like illness and lethargy, designed mainly to incapacitate rather than kill. The authors were inadvertently (or perhaps not) ahead of their time as there were several revelations in the early 90's about the Soviet/Russian work on chemical agents that were designed with a similar purpose. Russian security forces even used a form of this weapon during an attempt to raid a theatre that was taken over by Chechens sometime in the late 90's/early 2000s.

I always wondered what happened to all of the ICBM's and air delivered nukes (either gravity or via cruise missiles) in the original timeline. To me, it seems like there should have been a hell of a lot more of them just "sitting around" when things really fell apart given the relatively small number actually used during the war. They seem to my mysteriously absent from canon other than statements such as those in Airlords or Howling Wilderness to the effect that "the nuclear warheads had already been removed".