View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 07:57 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
And how much of that fuel is going to be left after several years or warfare and two fronts on the north American continent? Not like it's being replenished is it?
Fuel for Strategic Air Command units would be kept at close to maximum as possible as they have priority, no matter what is happening in other theaters.

Any other base would get fuel base on the duties they preform, and how much they had on hand at time of nuclear strikes would depend on

1. When was the fuel delivery and;
2. How much was delivered

So it’s a crap shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN7 View Post
However the fuel to fly them and parts to keep them flying will be the problem. Pre-nuclear war stocks will dwindle between November 1997 and 2000, and we don't know if MilGov or CivGov is operating any refineries or has reactivated any factories to supply parts.
The Major US Aviation Depots are:

Naval Aviation Depot North Island
Naval Aviation Depot Pensacola – Closed in 1993
Naval Aviation Depot Norfolk – Closed 1993
Naval Aviation Depot Cherry Point
Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, AFB Tinker
Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, AFB Warner Robins
Ogden Air Logistics Complex, AFB Hill
309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group, Tucson, Arizona

However I think you’re going to see major cannibalization of aircraft parts. Since you have only a few aircraft flying you have a fair bit of airframes to pick from, I made a concept of salvage teams who recovery parts and weapons. I thinking since you have extra techs those that are not working on aircraft are going scavenging for parts and fuel or security duty somewhere

For fuel as stated above if unit are using an existing airbase you have fuel on hand which can be rationed, I also think you see fuel scavenging/recovery teams going around to airbases, airports ect.