View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:50 AM

Thanks Kato,
To answer the questions about the internet...remember, it's 1995, and from what I remember of the WWW days, most of us weren't getting our news from the internet. Dial-up was still king, and as the war heated up, I could see the authorities in many of the combatants requisitioning phone lines for essential services. Britain had such a plan in place, The US did not as far as I can find, but might implement one once the November strikes occur.

Mo, I think I address your comments in the article. Simply put, as things break down, and satellites and undersea cable become targets, then the story's going to be damned difficult to get out, and the military's going to prioritize it's own traffic on it's surviving commo assets, and this is before the nuclear phases. Censorship becomes quid pro quo..want to get the story out? Fine, but you play by our rules.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).