View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
ArmySgt if you are not using canon then you are doing an apples versus oranges argument - we have been using canon and writing the Littlefield Collection into it
Quote:
I have read the description of CA in Howling Wilderness and frankly the description of California contradicts itself about ten times - it makes it sounds like almost no food gets grown then says they grow about 50 percent of normal food levels - well sorry but if the state is growing that much food after LA got massively depopulated then there is NO STARVATION in the state - so for CA I definitely ignore HW
You demand others adhere 100% to the games canon timeline and events, then exempt yourself. Then chutzpah be offended that others point out the flaws in that same canon that they too would definitely ignore.

Quote:
Now if you dont follow canon and want to play your own game and own timeline then none of what I just posted matters - but if you are following at least some of the canon that is what you have to deal with - especially if you are like me and Raellus and want to write more canon material for the game - but if you are just playing your own campaign you can ignore as much of that as you like
Leaves one breathless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I've lived in Tucson for 25 years. By and large, the rather sizeable Latino community here would, in a T2K scenario, fight for the U.S.A., if they were to fight at all. I reckon that's true in most of the American Southwest. I don't think a simple binary white v. latino militia viewpoint is fair or accurate. That kind of thinking, in 1942, led to Japanese internment.
I have been in heavy equipment for 10 years now doing roads, pipe line, and gravel pits. The crews are ¾ Mexican including the Superintendents. I have personal up front working experience with the same. I just have the feel that if they could get the opportunity to knock some pride out of America for the last to centuries of Imperialism, they would do so. That goes for those born in Mexico or the second generation. By the third generation, I feel their roots and loyalty sways to the U.S.A.

Now having lived in Trinidad, Colorado, the Latino population there are born from Spanish migrants from before Mexico existed and truly dislike the Mexicans (or being called one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Agreed. I've always been an apologist for the Mexican invasion. I think it could have worked and been as successful as described in the T2K materials, with or without beefing up MA armored forces.
I do too. I feel their well equipped to fight as highly mobile Cavalry supported by artillery, very good human intelligence, and a working logistics.

They saw the changes coming and smartly scrapped the M3A1s and M5s replacing those with the ERC -90 in the 1980s. I don't see why it is difficult to put faith in their doctrine, logistics, and training. That would only gain more importance to them in the V1 time line with Latin America arming up and rattling sabers in the 90s.