View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Sure consolidation is smart, assuming you can support 17 divisions in Colorado Or that you are willing to give up on the rest of the country while you secure Colorado Springs.

I think you and I might be closer to agreement than you think but you are taking my concept of consolidation to the largest extreme.

I have a data file (I will attach the excel version and look for the original document) which lists 498 military facilities active during the cold war with a "replacement cost" of 100 million dollars or more. (if you include under 100 million it reached well over 1000 IIRC)

If I were to go with a simple thought I would expect that all of those facilities would be consolidated to the command nearest of the 17 homeland Divisions.

If I am MILGOV I simply cannot maintain 498 bases. I can however see them supporting 12-15 regions each based on a division or Corps command. The regions might include multiple bases from the list, but certainly not all of them.

edit. This is not the document I used for my base information but it was similar
http://www.comw.org/qdr/basestructure1999.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx us_cold_warbases.xlsx (41.1 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by kato13; 05-20-2016 at 05:23 PM.